Lessons in Leadership: Claire Fagin
Repository Posting Date2015-11-18T21:59:08Z
Level of EvidenceN/A
Lessons in Leadership: The Betty Irene Moore Speaker Series embodies Betty Irene Moore's vision and hope for nurses to lead within their teams, organizations and communities, with the ultimate goal of improving the experience and outcomes of patient care. Through personal experience, Betty recognized that nurses play a critical role in providing safe, high-quality patient care and outcomes. They are caregivers, mentors, teachers and researchers; and they provide 95 percent of direct patient care in hospitals. This recognition gave rise to the Betty Irene Moore Nursing Initiative, with building leadership skills in nurses as one of its main strategies.
This video is one of a collection of 13 short videos featuring nationally-recognized nurse leaders whose leadership spans nursing, health care, government and other sectors.
This video features Claire Fagin, RN, PhD, FAAN:
- First woman to serve as Interim President of an Ivy League University, University of Pennsylvania
- Dean Emerita and Leadership Professor Emerita, University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing
- Recognized by John A. Hartford Foundation with Claire M. Fagin Fellows Award Program
- American Nurses Association's Hall of Fame inductee
- American Academy of Nursing 'Living Legend' and elected member of Institute of Medicine
This interview took place 17, May, 2006.
To quickly locate other leader videos in this collection, please click on the publisher link below.
DescriptionMany thanks to the Johnson & Johnson Foundation and the Rising Sun Health Center for providing video footage.
Date of Publication2006-05-17
Series/Report No.Betty Irene Moore Speaker Series
Version of PublicationPublisher's version
NotesThis work appears in the Virginia Henderson Global Nursing e-Repository with the express written approval of the copyright holder, the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation.
The following license files are associated with this item: