Medication safety: Bolus from the bag
Patricia Giovannini, MSN, RN, ACNS-BC, APNP and Diane Melrose, MSN, RN, ACNS-BC, RN-BC
- Sigma Affiliation
- Contributor Affiliation(s)
- Aurora St. Luke's Medical Center, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Visits vs Downloads
Visitors - World Map
Top Visiting Countries
Top Visiting Cities
Visits (last 6 months)
Downloads (last 6 months)
Popular Works for Giovannini, Patricia by View
Popular Works for Giovannini, Patricia by Download
This poster presents a process improvement project that was implemented leveraging current IV pump technology to standardize safe medication administration through calculation support of boluses given from the infusing bag. The electronic medical record (EMR) had not supported documentation of this safe practice, leading to variation in practice.
- Discuss how current technology can be leveraged to assist with error reduction within a hospital environment
- Review how a multidisciplinary team worked together to improve patient safety surrounding IV medication administration
- Identify cost and efficiency savings related to bolusing medication from a running infusion bag
|Review Type||Abstract Review Only: Reviewed by Event Host|
|Evidence Level||Quality Improvement|
IV Pump Technology;
All rights reserved by the author(s) and/or publisher(s) listed in this item record unless relinquished in whole or part by a rights notation or a Creative Commons License present in this item record.
All permission requests should be directed accordingly and not to the Sigma Repository.
All submitting authors or publishers have affirmed that when using material in their work where they do not own copyright, they have obtained permission of the copyright holder prior to submission and the rights holder has been acknowledged as necessary.