Ensuring licensure and accreditation for the school of nursing: The role of clinical faculty
Wendy B. Hansbrough, PhD, RN, CNE, Associate Professor-Interim Director, School of Nursing, California State University San Marcos
- Contributor Affiliation(s)
- California State University, San Marcos, California, USA
Visits vs Downloads
Visitors - World Map
Top Visiting Countries
Top Visiting Cities
Visits (last 6 months)
Downloads (last 6 months)
Popular Works for Hansbrough, Wendy B. by View
Popular Works for Hansbrough, Wendy B. by Download
This webinar is designed as an introduction for clinical faculty to the processes that are generally followed to ensure licensing and accreditation of Schools of Nursing. The focus will be on the elements most related to the work of clinical faculty who teach in undergraduate nursing programs.
- Distinguish the authority of licensing boards verses accreditation agencies to oversee Schools of Nursing
- Recognize the essential work of clinical faculty which supports licensing requirements
- Describe the elements of accreditation which are most related to the work of clinical faculty
- Associate the accreditation process to ongoing program quality improvement efforts
The material is freely available in the Sigma Repository and anyone may access the file(s) attached to this record and the audio/video stream(s) linked below.
Sigma Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Opportunity:
This webinar is eligible for CPD contact hours. CPD eligibility may end, but the attached file(s) and video embed in this item record are open, free, and permanently available to everyone.
To receive your nursing continuing professional development (CPD) certificate for viewing this webinar, sign in to the Sigma eLearning platform using the links below. Once logged in, you will need to complete the course that has the same title as this item record. You will not need to watch the webinar again.
- Sigma members: Sign in here to access your free CPD.
- If you are not a Sigma member, create an account to access your CPD, although a fee may be required. Interested in becoming a Sigma member? Learn more.
If you need CPD-related assistance, email email@example.com.
Accreditation: Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing (Sigma) is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
|Evidence Level||Expert Opinion (nationally/internationally recognized)|
|Keywords||Schools of Nursing;
Schools of Nursing, Licensure and Accreditation
|Series||Sigma/QSEN Webinar : 4|
|Publisher||Sigma Theta Tau International ;
Quality and Safety Education for Nurses
All rights reserved by the author(s) and/or publisher(s) listed in this item record unless relinquished in whole or part by a rights notation or a Creative Commons License present in this item record.
All permission requests should be directed accordingly and not to the Sigma Repository.
All submitting authors or publishers have affirmed that when using material in their work where they do not own copyright, they have obtained permission of the copyright holder prior to submission and the rights holder has been acknowledged as necessary.