Overcoming barriers in students' electronic documentation
Wendy Hansbrough, PhD, RN, CNE; Kimberly Dunker, DNP, RN, CNE, CNEcl; Jennifer Gunberg Ross, PhD, RN, CNE; Marilyn Ostendorf, DNP, RN
- Sigma Affiliation
- Not Applicable; Panel Presentation
Visits vs Downloads
Visitors - World Map
Top Visiting Countries
Top Visiting Cities
Visits (last 6 months)
Downloads (last 6 months)
Popular Works for Hansbrough, Wendy B. by View
Popular Works for Hansbrough, Wendy B. by Download
This webinar will discuss the barriers that students and faculty face in clinical regarding access and documentation in the electronic health record and medication administration record.
- Discuss the limited access students have to health care records and direct patient care experiences
- Identify the gaps in student learning as a result of limited access to electronic health records while at clinical
- Determine strategies schools of nursing must utilize to prepare nursing students despite the barriers related to limited electronic health record access
Sigma Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Opportunity:
This webinar is eligible for CPD contact hours. CPD eligibility may end, but the attached file(s) and video embed in this item record are open, free, and permanently available to everyone.
To receive your nursing continuing professional development (CPD) certificate for viewing this webinar, sign in to the Sigma eLearning platform using the links below. Once logged in, you will need to complete the course that has the same title as this item record. You will not need to watch the webinar again.
- Sigma members: Sign in here to access your free CPD.
- If you are not a Sigma member, create an account to access your CPD, although a fee may be required. Interested in becoming a Sigma member? Learn more.
If you need CPD-related assistance, email email@example.com.
Accreditation: Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing (Sigma) is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
|Evidence Level||Expert Opinion (nationally/internationally recognized)|
|Keywords||Barriers to Education;
Electronic Health Record;
Medication Administration Record;
Electronic Health Record Access;
Medication Administration Record Access;
|Series||Sigma/QSEN Webinar : 2|
|Publisher||Sigma Theta Tau International ;
Quality and Safety Education for Nurses
All rights reserved by the author(s) and/or publisher(s) listed in this item record unless relinquished in whole or part by a rights notation or a Creative Commons License present in this item record.
All permission requests should be directed accordingly and not to the Sigma Repository.
All submitting authors or publishers have affirmed that when using material in their work where they do not own copyright, they have obtained permission of the copyright holder prior to submission and the rights holder has been acknowledged as necessary.