COVID-19 Resource: Communication tips for nurses supporting seriously ill patients, families, and communities during the Coronavirus
Polly Mazanec, PhD, AOCN, ACHPN, FPCN, FAAN, is a Research Associate Professor at FPB School of Nursing, CWRU, and the project director for ELNEC Undergraduate and Graduate Education in primary palliative care. She has taught palliative care nationally and internationally and has published widely on care of patients with serious illness and their families, cultural considerations in palliative care and self-care for nurses.
- Sigma Affiliation
- Alpha Mu
- Contributor Affiliation(s)
- Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Visits vs Downloads
Visitors - World Map
Top Visiting Countries
Top Visiting Cities
Visits (last 6 months)
Downloads (last 6 months)
Popular Works for Mazanec, Polly M. by View
Popular Works for Mazanec, Polly M. by Download
- Discuss the role of primary palliative care communication techniques to respond to the fears and concerns of patients and families during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Describe three essential communication skills needed to support patients, families, communities, and colleagues during the coronavirus crisis.
- Develop your own toolbox of words and phrases that will help you, the nurse, respond to questions that patients who are seriously ill and their families have as a result of the coronavirus crisis
Resource link: ELNEC Support for Nurses During COVID-19
Sigma Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Opportunity:
This webinar is eligible for CPD contact hours. CPD eligibility may end, but the attached file(s) and video embed in this item record are open, free, and permanently available to everyone.
To receive your nursing continuing professional development (CPD) certificate for viewing this webinar, sign in to the Sigma eLearning platform using the links below. Once logged in, you will need to complete the course that has the same title as this item record. You will not need to watch the webinar again.
- Sigma members: Sign in here to access your free CPD.
- If you are not a Sigma member, create an account to access your CPD, although a fee may be required. Interested in becoming a Sigma member? Learn more.
If you need CPD-related assistance, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accreditation: Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing (Sigma) is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
|Evidence Level||Expert Opinion (nationally/internationally recognized)|
|Series||Supporting All Nurses as Leaders During the COVID-19 Virus :Webinar 2|
|Publisher||Sigma Theta Tau International|
All rights reserved by the author(s) and/or publisher(s) listed in this item record unless relinquished in whole or part by a rights notation or a Creative Commons License present in this item record.
All permission requests should be directed accordingly and not to the Sigma Repository.
All submitting authors or publishers have affirmed that when using material in their work where they do not own copyright, they have obtained permission of the copyright holder prior to submission and the rights holder has been acknowledged as necessary.