Preprints in nursing scholarship: SigmaCast, Episode 1
Other Title(s)SigmaCast Episode 1
Author DetailsSee Abstract section for full author details.
Original PublisherSigma Theta Tau International
Date of Publication2019-11-11
Version of PublicationPublisher’s Version
Visits vs Downloads
Visitors - World Map
Top Visiting Countries
Top Visiting Cities
Visits (last 6 months)
Downloads (last 6 months)
Popular Works for Gennaro, Susan by View
Popular Works for Gennaro, Susan by Download
This episode discusses preprints. Current, there are mixed understanding of preprints and how they interact and related to the body of literature. Specifically, in healthcare related literature, there is a known gap in knowledge. This episode is designed to close that knowledge gap and provide an understanding of the impact preprints could have on healthcare related literature.
Host: Matthew S. Howard, DNP, RN, CEN, CPEN, CPN, Director of Scholarship Resources at Sigma
Files attached to this record in order listed below.
- Guest Speaker - Session 1, Part 1: Kimberly S. Thompson, MLS, Ruth Lilly e-Repository Manager, Sigma. Length: 22 minutes. File name at right: SigmaCast_PrePrints_Part1_Thompson1
- Guest Speaker - Session 1, Part 2: Kimberly S. Thompson, MLS, Ruth Lilly e-Repository Manager, Sigma. Length: 13 minutes. File name at right: SigmaCast_Preprints_Part2_Thompson2
- Guest Speakers - Session 2 (Sigma/Wiley Journal Editors): Susan Gennaro, PhD, RN, FAAN: Editor, Journal of Nursing Scholarship; Bernadette Melnyk, PhD, RN, CPNP/ PMHNP, FNAP, FAAN: Editor, Worldviews on Evidence-Based Nursing; Dustin Sullivan, BA: Publisher, Sigma; Jamie Wielgus: Editor, Wiley Publishing. Length: 11.5 minutes. File name at right: SigmaCast_PrePrints_Part3_Wiley
- Guest Speaker - Session 3: Sarvenaz Sarabipour, PhD: ICM Postdoctoral Fellow, Johns Hopkins University Institute for Computational Medicine. Length: 26.5 minutes.File name at right: SigmaCast_PrePrints_Part4_Sarabipour
- The full episode. Length: 1 hour, 12 minutes. File name at right: SigmaCast_PrePrints_FULL
- Episode notes and bibliography. This is a pdf file and not an audio file. It is available for viewing/download only. File name at right: SigmaCast_Preprints_ShowNotes.pdf PDF (206.0Kb) Article has an altmetric score of 31
To stream the audio files instead of downloading the attached files, please select a session below. The audio files are in the same order as shown above.
This item is part of a Sigma CNE course available to Sigma members only. The material is freely available in the Sigma Repository and anyone may access the files attached to this record and the audio streams linked below.
For information on accessing the Sigma CNE course (separate from the Sigma Repository), please click here: https://www.sigmarepository.org/sigma-elearning-platform/.
Upon entering the Sigma eLearning Platform, search for the keyword "Podcast".
Repository Posting Date2019-11-11T17:29:09Z
Level of EvidenceN/A
All rights reserved by the author(s) and/or publisher(s) listed in this item record unless relinquished in whole or part by a rights notation or a Creative Commons License present in this item record.
All permission requests should be directed accordingly and not to the Sigma Repository.
All submitting authors or publishers have affirmed that when using material in their work where they do not own copyright, they have obtained permission of the copyright holder prior to submission and the rights holder has been acknowledged as necessary.
The following license files are associated with this item: