Preprints in nursing scholarship: SigmaCast, Episode 1
See Abstract section for full author details.
- Sigma Affiliation
- Not Applicable; Panel Presentation
- Contributor Affiliation(s)
- Sigma Theta Tau International, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Visits vs Downloads
Visitors - World Map
Top Visiting Countries
Top Visiting Cities
Visits (last 6 months)
Downloads (last 6 months)
Popular Works for Gennaro, Susan by View
Popular Works for Gennaro, Susan by Download
This episode discusses preprints. Current, there are mixed understanding of preprints and how they interact and related to the body of literature. Specifically, in healthcare related literature, there is a known gap in knowledge. This episode is designed to close that knowledge gap and provide an understanding of the impact preprints could have on healthcare related literature.
Host: Matthew S. Howard, DNP, RN, CEN, CPEN, CPN, Director of Scholarship Resources at Sigma
Speaking order of presenters in this episode:
- Guest Speaker - Session 1, Part 1: Kimberly S. Thompson, MLS, Ruth Lilly e-Repository Manager, Sigma. Length: 22 minutes.
- Guest Speaker - Session 1, Part 2: Kimberly S. Thompson, MLS, Ruth Lilly e-Repository Manager, Sigma. Length: 13 minutes.
- Guest Speakers - Session 2 (Sigma/Wiley Journal Editors): Susan Gennaro, PhD, RN, FAAN: Editor, Journal of Nursing Scholarship; Bernadette Melnyk, PhD, RN, CPNP/ PMHNP, FNAP, FAAN: Editor, Worldviews on Evidence-Based Nursing; Dustin Sullivan, BA: Publisher, Sigma; Jamie Wielgus: Editor, Wiley Publishing. Length: 11.5 minutes.
- Guest Speaker - Session 3: Sarvenaz Sarabipour, PhD: ICM Postdoctoral Fellow, Johns Hopkins University Institute for Computational Medicine. Length: 26.5 minutes.
The episode notes and bibliography are attached to this item record as a PDF file.
Sigma Continuing Professional Development (CPD)* Opportunity:
This episode is eligible for CPD contact hours. CPD eligibility may end, but the attached file(s) and audio embed in this item record are open, free, and permanently available to everyone.
To receive your nursing continuing professional development (CPD) certificate for listening to this episode, sign in to the Sigma eLearning platform using the links below. Once logged in, you will need to complete the course that has the same title as this item record. You will not need to listen to the episode again.
- Sigma members: Sign in here to access your free CPD.
- If you are not a Sigma member, create an account to access your CPD, although a fee may be required. Interested in becoming a Sigma member? Learn more.
If you need CPD-related assistance, email email@example.com.
*Accreditation: Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing (Sigma) is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
: Episode 1
|Publisher||Sigma Theta Tau International|
All rights reserved by the author(s) and/or publisher(s) listed in this item record unless relinquished in whole or part by a rights notation or a Creative Commons License present in this item record.
All permission requests should be directed accordingly and not to the Sigma Repository.
All submitting authors or publishers have affirmed that when using material in their work where they do not own copyright, they have obtained permission of the copyright holder prior to submission and the rights holder has been acknowledged as necessary.
The following license files are associated with this item:
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
Hoying, Jacqueline; Melnyk, Bernadette Mazurek; Howard, Matthew S. (Sigma Theta Tau International, 2020-06-17)This episode discusses research related to the Worldviews on Evidence Based Nursing article "Prevalence and Correlates of Depression, Anxiety, Stress, Healthy Beliefs, and Lifestyle Behaviors in First‐Year Graduate Health ...
Sampson, Marlene; Melnyk, Bernadette Mazurek; Hoying, Jacqueline (Sigma Theta Tau International, 2020-05-08)This episode discusses research related to the Worldviews on Evidence-Based Nursing article, "The MINDBODYSTRONG Intervention for New Nurse Residents: 6-Month Effects on Mental Health Outcomes, Healthy Lifestyle Behaviors, ...
Melnyk, Bernadette Mazurek; Gennaro, Susan (2014-11-17)Session presented on Sunday, July 27, 2014: This session will be participatory and enable those attending to ask specific questions of the editors of Worldviews on Evidence-Based Nursing and the Journal of Nursing Scholarship ...
Gennaro, Susan; Melnyk, Bernadette Mazurek (2016-03-17)Session presented on Thursday, July 23, 2015 and Friday, July 24, 2015: Purpose: Publishing is an important venue to disseminate important work, including scholarly papers, research findings, evidence-based practice ...
Gennaro, Susan; Melnyk, Bernadette Mazurek (2016-03-21)Session presented on Monday, November 9, 2015: Purpose: Publishing is an important venue to disseminate important work, including scholarly papers, research findings, evidence-based practice change/quality improvement ...